- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup shredded carrots (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green beans
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a small skillet over medium high heat and add in sesame oil. Then add in carrots, green beans and cabbage and cook down just until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, egg, almond meal, coconut flour, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper. Then add in the veggie mixture and stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop chicken into balls on the pan. Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to do this as the mixture will be too moist to roll in your hands. (It makes 12 balls)
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- While meatballs are in the oven, combine orange juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, ground ginger and the date in a blender and blend on high until the date breaks down.
- Powder the sauce mixture into a medium skillet over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, add in arrowroot & water mixture while whisking vigorously to combine. This will thicken the sauce. Lower the heat.
- Once meatballs are done, transfer them from the baking sheet to the pan and coat them with the sauce.
- Serve over Cauliflower Fried Rice!
- I used bags of pre shredded carrots and cabbage!
- If you want to eliminate a step and make it less sweet you can remove the date from the recipe and add all sauce ingredients straight into the pan instead of blending!