- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken breast*
- 1 cup organic jasmine rice
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese (optional)
- Place a pot (like a dutch oven) over medium heat.
- Add oil to the pan and let it warm up.
- Add in sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, then add in the maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Continue to cook for about 10 more minutes until onions are soft and caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken, rice, beef stock, coconut aminos, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaves.
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat to low.
- Add cauliflower then cover.
- Cook for 15 – 20 min (or however long your rice package says), checking halfway through to stir.
- Then remove the lid and stir. If there is still some liquid, just stir uncovered for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and add gruyere on top and cover for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- If you want to cook the chicken as part of the dish, just remove the onions once they are cooked, cook the chicken, chopped for 5-7 minutes, then add the onions back in and continue with the recipe.
- You can swap coconut aminos for red wine!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop