- 6 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (i used original almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ green bell pepper, diced small
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro and lime to garnish
- Remove a few layers of the husk wrapping at slice a little of the husk off of both sides (see picture in post)
- Microwave 2 ears at a time for 2 minutes on each side for a total of 4 minutes. Then slice off ½ inch into the ear on the shank end. Grab the other end and start squeezing the husk off. It should slide off pretty easily but you need to really grab and pinch with your hand.
- Once you have all of the husks removed, pour 2 tablespoons of avocado oil into a bowl then brush it all over the corn.
- Heat up a grill over high heat. The corn will be slightly cooked from the microwave already so you can just grill them for about 4-5 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Slice off the kernels with a sharp knife and set aside.
- In a high powdered blender or food processor add soaked cashews, milk, chili powder, nutritional yeast and salt. Blend of high until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add bell peppers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn into the pan followed by cashew sauce and stir to combine and heat through. Taste it and add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Scoop into a serving dish and garnish with a sprinkle of chili powder, some chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime!
- Serve with Plantain chips, sweet potato chips and/or bell pepper pieces!
**NOTE – if you like it spicy you can also add in 1 chopped jalapeno when you add the bell peppers!