- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Few cracks of pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon (whole grain or regular)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot + 1 tablespoon cold water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil. Chop off the bottom of the brussels sprouts and then slice each one in half and place them on the cookie sheet. Pour olive oil on top and toss to coat. Then sprinkle on salt and pepper, toss again and shake the pan so they fall into a single layer. Roast for 18-20 minutes or until the ends get a little burnt and toasted.
- While those are cooking, place a skillet over medium high heat. Add water, lemon juice and sun dried tomatoes and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, add arrowroot + water mixture and stir vigourously as it will seize up quickly! Add dijon and season with salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is too thick add a little extra water.
- Place cooked brussels sprouts in a bowl and then toss with about ¼ cup of sauce. **You won’t use all of the sauce!