Lemon & Sun-Dried Tomato Brussels Sprouts
Surprise surprise, another Brussels Sprouts Recipe! If you follow me on instagram then you know that I eat brussels at least 3 times a week. They are so freaking delicious when roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper. So for this recipe I did just that, then coated those in a lemon sun-dried tomato sauce! Before I really get into this recipe with you, I have to share the fact that I have had the song “I took a pill in Ibiza” by Mike Posner stuck in my head for a week. And by stuck in my head I mean, wake up in the middle of the night with it blasting in my head and not being able to fall back asleep. WHY MIKE? Why are you waking me up with your honest story about being a one hit wonder? UGH.
As I am writing this post I am listening to him sing an acoustic version of it and really feeling it. I figure if I can’t get it out of my head I might as well play it too. Kind of a “if you can’t beat em join em” mentality. I’ll report back on if it works or not. In the meantime… “ALLLL I KNOWW ARE SAD SONGSSS”
K rant over. Back to the sprouts! First ROAST!
Then make this beauty of a sauce. I added whole grain dijon because I like to live on the edge.
Those browned pieces are just perfect! Necessary for all brussels sprouts recipes!
Sometimes you need lemon to cover every meal of the day, if you are in one of those moods we have links:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Few cracks of pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon (whole grain or regular)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot + 1 tablespoon cold water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil. Chop off the bottom of the brussels sprouts and then slice each one in half and place them on the cookie sheet. Pour olive oil on top and toss to coat. Then sprinkle on salt and pepper, toss again and shake the pan so they fall into a single layer. Roast for 18-20 minutes or until the ends get a little burnt and toasted.
- While those are cooking, place a skillet over medium high heat. Add water, lemon juice and sun dried tomatoes and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, add arrowroot + water mixture and stir vigourously as it will seize up quickly! Add dijon and season with salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is too thick add a little extra water.
- Place cooked brussels sprouts in a bowl and then toss with about ¼ cup of sauce. **You won’t use all of the sauce!