- 1½ cups spelt flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ripe banana, smashed
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice +1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another.
- Add dry to wet.
- Scoop into a greased mini muffin pan and bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Squeeze a little lemon juice over baked muffins for extra lemon flavor!
- *Note: These can be made into regular sized muffins, just increase baking time to 25-30 minutes.