This Harvest Chili is filled with veggies and fall flavors the whole family will love!
- 4 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth (separated)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut cream (or half and half)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and add chopped butternut squash, carrots, oil and 1 tsp salt. Toss to combine then roast for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Pour the butternut squash and carrots mixture into a high powered blender along with the tomato paste, 3 cups chicken broth, pumpkin puree, coconut cream, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, rosemary, sage and maple syrup.
- Blend on high until smooth (if your blender has a “soup” button, I recommend using that).
- Place a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot. Once the pot is warm, add ground beef and cook until browned. Add in the beans, tomatoes and blended veggies, then the additional 1 cup of broth.
- Bring chili to boil then turn the heat to low, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes.