- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey (omit if making whole30)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 4 large celery ribs
- 2 medium onions
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 scoops collagen
- For “Bread”:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat the ghee in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet, then pour the melted ghee into a large bowl. Place the cast-iron skillet back on the stovetop and keep on low heat.
- Add the almond milk, honey, and vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix with a whisk for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in after each addition. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, rosemary, sage, and salt and mix until combined. Pour the batter into the hot cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean when. Cool for 20 minutes.
- For Stuffing:
- Cut “corn” bread into 1/2-inch cubes and lay on a baking sheet. Turn you broiler on high and broil the pieces for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Coarsely chop separately celery, onions, and bacon. In a large, deep skillet sauté bacon over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add celery and onions and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add herbs and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- In a large bowl toss together corn bread and bacon mixture and transfer to baking dish. In a small microwave safe bowl, add broth and microwave for 30 seconds. Add collagen to broth and stir until combined.
- Drizzle stock or broth over stuffing and bake, covered, for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.