This Fall Fried Rice is a perfect meal to have as the weather gets colder and is packed with good stuff!
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced sweet potatoes
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup finely sliced brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice (I prefer short-grain white rice)
- 3–4 tablespoons coconut aminos, or more to taste
- salt and black pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and once hot, cook bacon in the pan.
- Remove bacon and add eggs to the pan. Scramble the eggs and cook through then set aside.
- Add oil to the pan then add sweet potatoes. Stir to coat with oil then cook for 1 minute before adding the onions.
- Cook sweet potatoes and onions for 5 minutes then add in brussels sprouts.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Add garlic powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Add rice to the pan then add the coconut aminos on top of the rice and stir everything together. Cook for another 5 minutes to heat the rice. Season it all with salt and pepper to taste as needed.