- 1 pound turkey
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl combine turkey, sage, thyme, salt and pepper until evenly combined and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, orange juice and coconut sugar, cover and let boil, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and sauce thickens (about 8-10 minutes). Season with a pinch of salt. Let the sauce cool a bit then form burgers.
- Separate turkey into 8 even balls. Flatten each ball of turkey, scoop 1 heaped tablespoon of the stuffing onto 4 of the patties. Top each one with another patty and pinch the outside to create a larger patty.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and add a little oil to the pan. Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes per side until they are cooked through.
- Serve on sweet potato buns or by themselves.
- To make sweet potato buns slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds, spray them with some cooking spray and a little salt and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast them at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then flip them and cook for another 10 minutes.