- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil (melted then cooled)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla bean seeds removed from pod
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, almond extract and salt. Stir well to fully combined and vanilla beans are evenly dispersed.
- Scoop a ball of about 1 rounded tablespoon of dough into your hand and roll it into a ball. Place the ball on the baking sheet and press it down into a disc with either your hand or the bottom of cup. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Feel free to then make any fun design on top, I added a couple of dots on mine with a fork.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for in the microwave for 1 minute, stir, then another 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Drop the bottom of the cooled cookie in the chocolate then remove and shake off the excess. Place back on the silicon mat or parchment paper. Continue with all cookies then place them in the refrigerator until hardened!