- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup green or black lentils
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- guacamole to top!
- Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potatoes. Then wrap them each in a damp paper towel and microwave until fork tender (about 5-7 minutes). Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine lentils, broth, chipotle, 1 tablespoon of adobe sauce, lime juice, salt, cumin & coriander. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until cooked but not mushy (about 25 minutes). Once cooked, add 1 more tablespoon of adobe sauce if you want more spice. Season a bit more to taste.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and top with lentils and guacamole.