- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 italian chicken sausages, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups marinara
- 6 bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add oil to the pan. Then add in onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Add in chopped chicken sausage, cauliflower rice and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender. Add in marinara sauce and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the bell peppers and place them in a 13 x 9 pan. Scoop the stuffing mixture into each bell pepper, filling each one.
- Spoon a little extra marinara on top of each one if desired. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.