- 5 slices of bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked*
- 4 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 1 cup ranch dressing* (i use primal kitchen)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Avocado (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and let it warm up.
- Cook bacon in the pan until crispy, then remove it onto some paper towels to cool.
- To the bacon grease, add chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in coconut aminos, stir and cook for 1 more minute. Remove onions and place them in a large bowl. Chop the bacon and add it to the bowl as well.
- Then add in the cooked spaghetti squash, shredded chicken, ranch dressing and parsley. Toss thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and serve.
- There are many ways to cook spaghetti squash but my favorite is in the instant pot! Slice the squash horizontally through the middle and scoop out the seeds then put 1 cup of water in the instant pot with the squash and cook for 6 minutes on high.
- You can also bake the spaghetti squash at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet after slicing vertically and scooping the seeds out, for 30-40 minutes.