- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, large
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar
Chai Spice Mix:
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine all chai spices and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, place almond butter, protein powder, ⅓ cup coconut sugar, egg, salt, baking soda and 1 teaspoon of the chai spices. Depending on the thickness of your almond butter, you may need to add a few more tablespoons of protein powder or add in some water. You want the consistency to be easy to roll into a ball that sticks together.
- Add ½ cup of coconut sugar to the remaining chai mix and stir to combine.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough into your hand and roll into a ball. Drop the ball in the spice/sugar mix and toss to coat. Place onto your cookie sheet and press down into a cookie shape. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes so that the cookies can firm up a bit.