- 6 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 cup broken up corn chips
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 white onion, roughy chopped
- 1/2 large or 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- juice of half a lime
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add jalapeno, tomatoes, onion, garlic, a few pinches of salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an ovenproof skillet, add black beans and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until it has reduced slightly.
- In a separate bowl, scramble 6 eggs and a splash of milk. Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and slowly pour in egg mixture, distributing them evenly. Return to heat, cover pan and simmer eggs in sauce for about 10 – 12 minutes. Sprinkle the surface with cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and the eggs look cooked through.
- To make lime crema, mix together greek yogurt, lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Garnish your egg dish with either dollops or drizzles of crema, broken pieces of corn chips, and slices of avocado.