- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried sage (rubbed)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In your instant pot place the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and add the 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Place pressure cooker lid on and set to 8 min on manual high pressure.
- In a large skillet add your butter and put on medium heat. To create brown butter, have butter melt and continue to watch until bubbles start and brown pieces start to appear. Don’t allow it to burn, you will want to keep a spatula in the skillet moving it the entire time.
- Once the 8 min are finished, do the quick release until finished.
- Scoop out the cooked sweet potatoes into a large bowl, leaving any remaining chicken stock in the instant pot.
- Then mash the sweet potatoes and add the browned butter, sage, garlic powder and salt and mix again.
- Taste and add any extra salt to your liking!
- If you don’t have an instant pot you can just boil the sweet potatoes to cook them!