- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 XL Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped into chunks
- 1 XL Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add butter. Once butter had melted, continue to cook until light brown in color and the nutty aroma comes out. You will need to swirl the pan around to combine all the brown bits at the bottom of pan. Make sure to keep and eye on it because it can go from brown to burnt fast. Once the butter is brown, remove from heat. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add both sugars, butter, salt and vanilla. Beat for about 1 minute on medium high. Then add the egg and egg yolk and beat for 1-2 more minutes. Then add flour and baking soda and beat until combined. Finally add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks. and beat until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 3 tablespoons (or a #20 scoop) of cookie dough onto prepared pan. Once all of the dough is divided, place the sheet into your freezer for at least 30 minutes. Once dough is frozen, place 6 dough balls on each pan, evenly spaced out. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes then place on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.