- 3 medium-large beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt + Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle or chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible. They should curl a little when cut. This will ensure even baking and crispiness.
- Divide between two baking sheets and spray or very lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder and ground mustard. Sprinkle the mixture over the beets and toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper as well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.