- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease donut pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Spoon batter into pastry bag or quart-size zippered plastic bag. Seal. Snip small corner of plastic bag and squeeze dough out of hole in a rope that encircles each doughnut cup. Fill only 1/2 to 3/4 full or you will lose the hole in the middle of your doughnut.
- After removing from the oven, immediately flip pan and dump doughnuts out on a cooling rack. Allow to cool. Just before serving, put donuts in a plastic bag with about 1 cup of powdered sugar. Seal bag with doughnuts inside and shake to coat. Leftover donuts will absorb the sugar and need to be recoated if you want them to be white.
- Recipe adapted from Salad in a Jar