- 4 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and add chopped butternut squash, carrots, oil and 1 tsp salt. Toss to combine then roast for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Pour the butternut squash and carrots mixture into a high powered blender along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth (if you blender has a “soup” button, I recommend using that).
- Pour the mixture into a large pot over medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Pour into jars and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- You can turn this into a delicious soup by adding 4-6 cups of chicken or beef broth (or more depending on how thin or thick you like soup) to the simmering sauce!