- 3 bunches asparagus (about 3 pounds)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons salt + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the bottom inch of the asparagus off then chop the rest of them into about 1 inch pieces. Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the pot then add the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fork tender (stirring occasionally). Drain out the hot water then place asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process and cool them down.
- Blend all the other ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. Start the food processor and drizzle in the olive oil slowly while still mixing. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and adjust salt and pepper to liking.
- In a large bowl combine drained asparagus, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and the sun dried tomato pesto and toss to coat everything. Top with a few extra chopped walnuts!
- Serve cold or warm, whichever you like best!