- 1 1/4 lb. fat-free ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4)
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1–2 tsp. red chili paste
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble. Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture. Toss to coat completely. Add about 1/4 cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf.
- Recipe adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny