- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and chopped in half
- 2 lbs. cooking apples (green), chopped
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp.salt
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pecans or walnut pieces (optional)
- Place a large saute pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add in brussels sprouts and cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Remove brussels sprouts and set aside then add in the rest of the butter to the pan. Add sliced apples and cinnamon, and saute until apples are fork tender about, 7 minutes. Add cooked Brussels sprouts to sauteed apples and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to saute Brussels sprouts and apples until Brussels sprouts are heated through. Garnish with toasted pecans or walnuts and serve.