- 8 slices of bacon
- 3 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and let the pan preheat.
- Cook bacon (in 2 batches) until crispy and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add onions to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and chicken stock then reduce heat to low and cook for another 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and add bacon back, cook for another 10 minutes until super soft!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge to add to any and everything.