- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. Draw or trace 5-inch circles on sheet of parchment paper. Line baking sheet with prepared parchment, then top with nonstick silicone baking mat. Cover some cups with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg together in bowl until smooth. Whisk in milk, melted butter, and vanilla until combined. Whisk in flour until combined and smooth.
- Drop 1½ tablespoons batter into center of each outlined circle on prepared baking sheet. Using small offset spatula, spread batter into 5-inch circle, using stenciled outline as guide. Bake until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
- Working quickly,use metal spatula to lift edge of cookie off of the pan and move to the upside down cup. Lay a clean dish towel on top of cookie and press firmly down on the cup to bend the sides of the cookie down. Stand cup, upside down, still on mold, on wire rack. Repeat with remaining cookies. (If cookies become too hard to roll, return to oven for up to 1 minute to soften.) Let cones cool completely, about 10 minutes, before gently removing from molds.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl and dip tips of the bowl in chocolate. Top with sprinkles or chocolate chips and let cool.
- ** Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen