- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped (or 1 tablespoon of olive oil for vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups roasted corn (I used frozen roasted corn from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, choppd
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (17 ounce) container of 2% Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 5 ounces monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using bacon, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Fry until crispy and all fat is rendered, then remove bacon and let drain on a paper towel. If not using bacon, start here and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add roasted corn to the skillet, cooking and stirring until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove corn and add it to a large bowl. Add olive oil to the skillet, then add onions and red peppers with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in jalapeno, green onions and garlic, cooking for just 2-3 minutes. Transfer mixture to the bowl, adding in the yogurt, paprika, bacon and 4 ounces of each cheese. Stir until combined then transfer to serving dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden on top. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or crackers.